Dr. McManus serves as Executive Director of Rootstrong, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization which focuses on student success and multicultural leadership development.
Rootstrong offers two core programs:
• The Rootstrong Fellows Program, a year-long multicultural leadership education and development experience
• Rootstrong Campus, for schools, colleges and community centers
In partnership with E3: Education Excellence and Equity, the Global Block Foundation, and other partners, Rootstrong is bringing much needed attention to diversity, social justice, and equity to leadership development.
To learn more, please visit the Rootstrong website for more information.
To make a tax deductible donation to Rootstrong, please click on the Donate button below. Your donation will make a difference.
Rootstrong on Social Media
Dr. McManus serves as a Senior Associate at the Kingston Bay Group, a coaching and consulting firm. His role includes leading engagements in corporate, non-profit, higher education, PreK-12 schools and systems. McManus' areas of specialization include:
• Diversity & Inclusion
• Leadership Coaching & Development
• Program & Curriculum Development
• Organizational Development & Revitalization
• Multicultural Leadership Education
To learn more, please visit the Kingston Bay Group website for more information.
View a list of Previous Engagements & Clients
The Kingston Bay Group on Social Media
"This inspiring, informative and enjoyable collection of stories provides a window into the soul of diversity work...it will be helpful both to those considering entering the field and also others seeking to deepen their understanding."
- R. Roosevelt Thomas, Jr.
"This is a must read for those going into the [diversity] field and for those of us in the field who at times need that infusion of spirit to replenish our reservoir of inspiration and commitment."
- Kay Iwata, Kay Iwata & Associates
"The Diversity Calling is a compelling read. The nine autoethnographic stories told in this book illustrate the immense joy and inevitable pain associated with discovering and embracing one's unique identity."
- Price Cobb, Author of My American Life and Black Rage
"The Diversity Calling offers an inside, intimate look from the stories of nine pioneering leaders, who have fingerprints on making the world better for many dimensions of difference. They blazed trails."
- Debbe Kennedy, Author and founding President and CEO of the Leadership Solutions Companies
"For the astute reader, The Diversity Calling offers what can be a "how-to" process for creating community that shows respect for all."
- Julie O'Mara, Best selling author, consultant and Past President of ASTD
"The Diversity Calling helps us capture the similarities and differences in all of us. These collective stories will touch your soul, make you think and expand your outlook on how to be with people who are different from yourself."
- Steve Hanamura, Author and President of Hanamura Consulting
Purchase The Diversity Calling: Building Community One Story at a Time